Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Its So Amazing How Something So Small and Stupid Could Get to you!

It so amazing how something stupid and small could get to you and ruin your day. I work at an elementary school. Before working here I thought extremely highly of teachers and educators in general Growing up in an academia loving household which holds great respect for educators and having parents who have also been educators themselves also probably has something to do with it and I guess as a child you think the world of your teacher and you can't possibly imagine her to do any wrong especially when ur an elementary student, but after working here for almost two years I have realized that Teachers are nothing extraordinary they are just normal people like everyone else overworked, over stressed, underpaid, and some are even socially inappropriate, and they have imperfections and make mistakes just like the rest of the people. I'm generally a very calm, friendly and happy person. I smile a lot and can get a long with just about anybody (trust me if u met some of these people I work with you would believe me) So just now I was just walking down the hallway minding my own business and this ignorant teacher stopped me in the hall way very socially inappropriate, rudely, and akwardly asked me Do you EVER SMILE? I was shocked but my response was very calm and civil I smiled softly and replied only Always and kept on walking. But the more I think about it now that I'm back at my desk the more rude and innapropriate her comment to me was. I could have been equally rude and innappropriate and said something back to her like a million things I've come up with in the past 15 minutes like: NO I'm not getting paid to smile at mentally unstable people like u all day, or No I choose to frown and look like you, or just laughed at her and said ha ha Get a life, or have you ever Minded your own Business?, or a million other things I could have said and didn't... Why? Why do people do that? Haven't they been taught If you can't say anything nice SHUT THE F UP AND DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL?? Hello we work at a school I must have told my students that a million times this year alone! Its kinda sad that an old woman would behave this way... I think everytime I meet someone who is so socially akward my standards for my students lower ...b/c if this is their educator what can I truely expect from the product of her teachings?? wow! Thats all I can say!
Sometimes its ridiculous how difficult it is to not let something so small get to you!!!

No comments: